We love all things climate. Our lab is interested in the hows and whys of climate and weather, but also the so whats. Our work spans many topics - from addressing questions on atmospheric circulation and climate variability, to understanding climate impacts on natural resources, to developing climate datasets and tools. We work to better connect climate information and science to a variety of disciplines and improve the accessibility of climate information to assist decision-makers and other scientists, as well as to better communicate the importance of climate variability to the general public.
- Josh provided a great recap of the benign fire season for Washington state in his role as DNR fire meteorologist.
- Lauren published a study on climate change impacts on Georgia peaches
- Abby passes her PhD comprehensive exams! She also presented her first chapter of her work at the Western Snow Conference.
- Josh presented his initial work on the skill of red flag warnings at the 6th Fire Behavior and Fuels Conference
- John publishes study in Global Change Biology on global interannual climate-fire relationships
- Former PhD student and postdoc Dr. Lauren Parker starts a new job at UC Davis and the California Climate Hub.
- John co-authors a study led by Darren Ficklin from Indiana University that shows common responses in managed and natural waterways to climate changes in PNAS
- John contributes to an article published in the Guardian with Drs. Daniel Swain and Crystal Kolden on the confounding factors involved in California's fire problem.