We love all things climate. Our lab is interested in the hows and whys of climate and weather, but also the so whats. Our work spans a number of topics - from addressing questions on atmospheric circulation and climate variability, to understanding climate impacts on natural resources, to developing climate datasets and tools. We work to better connect climate information and science to a variety of disciplines and improve the accessibility of climate information to assist decision-makers and other scientists, as well as to better communicate the importance of climate variability to the general public.
- Lauren published her study on potential changes in climatic suitability for almond cultivation in Climatic Change, (press release).
- John and Katherine published a new dataset called TerraClimate in Nature Scientific Data.
- Abigail Lute rejoins the lab to pursue a PhD in Water Resources and NSF IGERT program
- Joshua Clark joins the lab to pursue a MS in Natural Resources (in addition to his day job as a fire meteorologist for Washington State Department of Natural Resources)
- John get's interviewed by numerous media outlets including NPR on the recent fire season in the West